A combination of physical and digital services into the Harmonium Pharma diabetes ecosystem
Harmonium Pharma is a healthcare company that works to create a healthcare ecosystem focused on diabetes.
Diabetes is a chronic condition that leads to several complications while significantly impacting the quality of life of those affected. Like any chronic condition, it requires a multidisciplinary approach to a single clinical case, but usually, unfortunately, this does not happen.
The patient visits his diabetologist once or twice a year and, in the remaining time, is literally ‘left to his own fate’ in managing a such complex disease.
Harmonium Pharma brings to market an integrated portfolio of products and services that helps diabetics manage day by day his disease and prevent complications. The company is also going to launch a “first remote medical consultation” service, aimed at early identifying patients at risk of becoming ill.
- Products for diabetics that can be purchased at affiliated pharmacies (having the so-called “diabetic corner”) or online;
- Counseling service at the same affiliated pharmacies where trained staff provides the patient with a dedicated space and answers to his questions;
- Digital services via digital platform (https://www.angolodeldiabetico.it) platform, aimed at:
- obtaining valuable information on the best way to live with diabetes
- finding the nearest physical services i.e. pharmacies and patient associations
- online purchasing of drugs
- using the “virtual remote consultations” service designed to early identify people at risk of diabetes as well as to manage post-acute events. This service will involve various specialists in the diabetic ecosystem such as diabetologists, nutritionists, podiatrists, cardiologists, and ophthalmologists.
The ecosystem includes pharmacies, diabetologists, and other specialists for remote consultation, patients’ associations, and a digital infrastructure provider.
Within Harmonium Pharma’s healthcare ecosystem, pharmacies play a key role in maintaining a human connection with patients. Pharmacies are clearly intended as first territorial aid for diabetics.
Pharmacies will play an ever more significant role in health ecosystems, helping to bridge the huge gap between local health services demand and offer.
Harmonium Pharma is also considering expanding its portfolio of services, including a partnership with insurance companies and a digital “track coach progress reward” program aimed at keeping patients actively involved in disease management education, including physical or virtual rewards.